Monday, February 20, 2012

Thank you Lord!!

God is so good...ya He is is , all the time.  Every day I thank God for waking up and for the beautiful air we breathe, for my family and friends.  He gives me people to pray for every day.  What a privilege.  Oh how I want more of Him.  Sweet, sweet Jesus.  I have experienced "freedom" from the burdens of my life in a profound way.  I have been a mother for 48 years to three wonderful sons who have my heart.  My oldest has many challenges with mental and physical illnesses.  For the past 12 years I have enabled him to be ill and have tried to fix him.  I CAN'T.  God has told me to "let go" and let Him do the work..  I will always be his mother and love him and be there in time of need but God has a plan and is in control of his life.  He loves the Lord but I see him not doing what I think he should be doing to grow in the Lord.  Who am I to try and direct his path?  I can't...Stop trying to tell him how to feel, what to do, and dropping everything at his beckon call.  I can't.  God is the author of his life, not me.  When my boys were young I would tell them, "mommy will not be standing by your side when you meet your maker, you need to develop your own relationship with Him".  I didn't practice that with this son.  Motherhood is not an easy journey.  BUT Praise His Holy name...I was set free.  I give all to Him at the feet of the cross.  It is His burden not mine.  He died for me that day on calvary and for that I am grateful....I encourage you to go to the cross with your burdens and leave them there.  Jesus will take them.  Keep your eyes on the Savior and He will direct YOUR paths.

I love you in Christ's name,

Val

No comments:

Post a Comment